Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Time and Senses - Thoughts and A Project

For this project, I decided to listen to a repeat of Super Mario Bros over the course of an hour. The point of this was to see if it were to sound any different over time. Since I did this after watching the film, It was around 1AM. For the first 5 minutes, it was what it was, Mario.

10 Minutes Later, it started to become more background noise, and less distinctive among other sounds (air conditioning turning on and off, electric humming, crickets)

After 30 minutes of listening, I actually fell asleep, only for a small amount of time.

While I was unconscious, I had a pretty interesting dream. I dreamed of different colors that interacted with the music that I subtly knew I was still listening to. I saw different shapes form, creating different wave like patterns within the colors. It was pretty interesting. When I started to regain consciousness, the dream took a more real world approach, becoming Mario once again, as I knew it.

Another 10 minutes later, It went back to being background noise.

As soon as it ended just a few minutes later, It was abrupt. No fade, just stopped right at 1 hour. It was interesting to be so used to a sound, so used to something over that long of a time period, and have it suddenly be gone.

It took a good 5 minutes to grow accustomed to silence again, and then I started writing the blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment