Sunday, July 6, 2014

To Make A Yoshi - An Egg Project

At the beginning of class, we were given an egg. We were told to do 'Something' with egg and document it. Well, I did something with mine, I wouldn't say it's original, hell I don't even know if it's really all that "creative". What I will show you, is my construction of a Yoshi's Egg.

To start, I got out some paint from an old project several years ago


After mixing it up a little, I painted up a few green spots on the egg, trying to make it as organic looking as possible, at the same time, using a huge brush. It was difficult, but the end result was pretty good.


It was then that I made the realization that I did indeed paint the egg while holding onto it, so I had to hold it for 45 minutes while it dried. Not my finest moment in the Tom Brains Department.

When drying was completed, I decided to take a photo of the egg, (the photo above) and be done. Then I realized, that's boring. I have a plethora of collectibles in my room that would look nice with the egg. I spent a good amount of time digging around for them, and sure enough, found a lot of little Yoshi toys to welcome the new egg.


The egg, centered in the photo above, was placed in the mouth of a Yoshi toy meant for flinging a ball in the air. Don't get any ideas, I never actually did that. However a friend of mine shifted the toy a bit too much and caused a nice crack to form in the egg. Poor Yoshi never saw the light of day... However it's a small crack, and the egg is in tact. If luck prevails, I'll be able to bring it in and show it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment