Sunday, July 13, 2014

Who am I? What the hell am I doing here? - A Project

Sounds like Lyrics to a bad song right? It probably is. Anyway, Our goal was to create something that answers this question, and to later incorporate that something into the altered book. I had an idea while sitting in my room, and went for it. Incorporation might be tricky, but I'll give it a go after I've given this a bit of explanation.

Ever hear of a Question Mark Block?




Exactly! Mario again! Video games AGAIN! Don't like it? Well too bad, I like this idea. Anyway, the question mark block is essentially a present, and you open it to find out what's inside. So it asks "What's in me? And you answer it by hitting it and finding out.

I took what I had laying around...


Don't give me that look. I collect these things for crying out loud. I took both of these, one as a main container, and the smaller ones to answer each posing question (Who am I, What am I doing Here).


I answered each question through a written format, and deposited the answer, one per small block. I then realized, it was boring. So I spiced it up a little, adding a few more things into each container pertaining to the question. What are those things? Well you'll have to wait to find out, or read past a spoiler alert that I'll label later on

After sealing it up and labling it all, The finished product made me pretty happy.


So what's in that box? 

SPOILERS 

In the Who am I box there is a written out statement that goes as such

Who Am I

I am Tom, Born on November 16th 1993. I share the birth-date of famed game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, making me, a destined Nintendo Nerd.
I have the personality of a recluse, trying hard to stay away from others, even though I desire to be one of the socially adept ones. Others may perceive me as quiet, easygoing, and polite. I would perceive myself as stoic, easygoing, and somewhat rude. If you could imagine half the things I say in my head to someone I’m speaking to, holy shit, you’d wonder how I had friends.
Living in Indiana, and visiting only 3 states, I know only the flat-lands around Indianapolis and not much else. Am I sheltered? I’d say so, would others? More than likely. The mystery surrounding the outside world is already solved in my opinion, and thus, has no real purpose for me to explore it. Closed Minded? No I don’t think I am. Others? After reading that, I bet they do.
To sum things up, I am who I am. A gamer of 20 who holds a deep rooted passion for Nintendo for over 18 years, An open minded recluse who tries to be friends with others, but isn't quite adept enough at it to succeed. Am I happy with myself? Not really. Would I change? Hell no. Why not? Because I am who I am, and that’s enough for me. 

Also included are a few photos of myself which I won't include here, as I fully intend to show you the finished product


In the What am I doing here box, another written statement is present

Why Am I Here
I’m here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I don’t have any bubblegum. Oh really? Well if you give me some I shall indulge in a tale.
Here. Such a vague term. Well, I exist because my parents gave me life. Why am I in Lebanon Indiana? My grandparents, before my mother was born, stopped at Memorial Park, a mile from my current home, while on vacation and decided to move up here. After that they gave birth to my mother, and we’ve been living here since.
Why have I enrolled at IUPUI? Matt Powers. He’s a man of many inspirations, and he’s essentially everything I wanted to be. Sure he’s crazy, sure he’s probably not all there, but dammit, you can’t be a genius without some insanity. I came here because of his fun and unstable summer course.
Why am I here at the Media Arts & Science Building? I love video games, as mentioned in my bio. I planned to get involved in the industry any way I can. I’m not a coder, and I’m not great at level design or much else in the 3D gaming world, but I’ll do whatever I can to support what I love.

I also included 2 photos that were important into getting me "where I am" today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment